“Do you feel completely at home in the world of High Tech and Semiconductors? Are you a connector and networker, national and international? Do you want to take our Dutch ecosystem of fantastic technology companies to the next level? Are you a person that wants to set up cross-company knowledge projects and make them a success? Then apply for the vacancy for managing Director Holland Semiconductors”
Vacancy: Managing Director Holland Semiconductors
Holland Semiconductors is, as of January 2020, the Dutch cluster for the semiconductors industry, originating from Business Cluster Semiconductors Netherlands (BCSEMI NL) in Nijmegen and the semiconductor cluster from High Tech NL.
Holland Semiconductors is a network and project organization for technology companies and knowledge institutions active in the development, production and / or application of Semiconductors, MEMS, sensors and wireless systems as well as the equipment manufacturers for the semiconductors industry.
The Holland Semiconductors Managing Director reports to the HighTechNL Managing Director and receives management support from the semiconductors cluster board.
- managing the semiconductors program (national / international)
- financial management of the semiconductor cluster
- informal leadership of the Holland Semiconducters team (Nijmegen and Eindhoven)
- collaborate with the rest of the High Tech NL team on topics that concern the entire HighTech field.
- operating as an innovation manager, proactive and hands-on, building a bridge between members and project initiatives. This includes the ability to acquire and execute projects.
The candidate has an affinity with technology companies and has the capacity and drive to develop new collaboration and innovation (subsidy) project.
The most important activities are:
- Visiting members: strengthen contacts with companies and knowledge institutions in the semiconductor industry in the Netherlands and thereby identifying individual needs and ideas for working together in the sector;
- Organizing and preparing member meetings and content-driven workshops.
- Maintaining regular contacts with stakeholders from the government including Oost NL, RVO, EZK, Provinces, Regions and International government organizations (NOST);
- Maintaining contacts with relevant (international) networks within and outside the sector including the Top Sector HTSM, NovelT, Brainport Industries and relevant application domains including Health Valley, KIEMT and AutomotiveNL.
- Strategic development: keeping up to date with relevant developments in economic policy and working anticipatively together with partners on an agenda and concrete initiatives for the semiconductor industry in the Netherlands.
- The development of a clear communication strategy and its implementation as part of the High Tech NL strategy.
- Selection and management of project managers / external consultants in (sub) projects.
- The – in close cooperation with the controller and managing director HTNL – adequate and timely delivery of agenda items and financial reporting
“Driven team player with affinity and knowledge of the Dutch HighTech world.”
What do we expect from you?
- You speak the language of the (technical) SME entrepreneur;
- a completed HBO or academic education (engineering or technical business administration);
- you have insight into the semiconductor industry or can quickly master it;
- you know how to convert information from individual companies into collaborative projects and you have knowledge and experience with the development and implementation of (European) subsidy projects;
- you communicate easily, professionally and clearly with people from different backgrounds (University, (technical) SMEs, large companies);
- decisive, hands-on mentality and independent, proactive attitude;
- > 5 years of relevant work experience;
The above function is fundamentally for an indefinite period, but the first agreement is entered into for 12 months (evaluation after 6 months).
Location: Nijmegen / Eindhoven with the main focus on the Nijmegen office.
Send your application before October 18 to: email@example.com.
For more information contact:
Charles Smit, Chairman of the BCSEMI NL Board
T 06 510 509 72
Willem Endhoven, Managing Director High Tech NL
T 06 270 55620