Roadshow on Japan National Program “Photonics and Quantum Technology for Society 5.0”
Creating the future with photonics and quantium technologies
Mark your agenda for Wednesday, March 23, 9:00-10:30NL / 17:00-18:30JP for an online Roadshow Event introducing the Japanese National Program SIP Photonics and Quantum Technologies.
In this industry-academia program, technologies for Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) are developed for:
- laser material processing
- photonics quantum communication
- photonics and electronics information processing
- Program Director Dr. Naoto Nishida (Fellow Toshiba Corp)
- Sub-PD Dr. Yasui Koji (Senior Chief Technologist Mitsubishi Electric)
- Sub-PD Dr. Masahide Sasaki (Quantum ICT Collaboration Center at the National Institute of Information and Communications Technology NICT)
- Prof. Susumu Noda (Kyoto University)
- Prof. Masaharu Shiratani (Kyushu University)
- and other renowned researchers
In addition, an online tour of the optical system laboratories of Hamamatsu Photonics and Utsunomiya University will be held on the day of the conference.
Series of bilateral events
The event is part of a series of bilateral events, with the purpose to deepen mutual understanding of strengths and ambitions in the Netherlands and Japan in the fields of Quantum-Photonics-Nanotechnology. Both countries have ambitions to strengthen their relations in these fields. To address the crossovers, we invite professionals from these three areas to all the events. The series of events paves the way to a (hopefully) physical Innovation Mission in 2022.
The event will introduce breakthrough technologies for realizing a society that will fully utilize photonics, quantum and nanotechnology.
If you are interested in digital twins, high quality semiconductor lasers, lidar light sources for autonomous driving, quantum communication, quantum computing for real industrial applications, etc. and if you are interested in digital market, electric vehicle market, semiconductor market etc. related to data revolution, you are very welcome to join us. We would be very happy if we could jointly discover win-win collaboration areas for collaboration.
This event is dedicated for Netherlands audience, co-organized by the SIP Program, the Netherlands Embassy in Tokyo and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO).
- Date: Wednesday 23 March, 2022
- Time: 09:00-10:30NL / 17:00-18:30JP
- Language: English
- Agenda: Coming soon
- Target audience: Netherlands professionals from government, industry and knowledge institutes, working in cutting-edge forefront of quantum, photonics and nano
- Registration: Click this link to register. A few days before the event, you will receive the link to join online.
For more information, questions or remarks, contact Rob Stroeks, Senior Advisor Innovation, Netherlands Embassy Tokyo